Digitally Downloaded Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?

+12
jim269
Billy Bob
segisaurus
Joseph
CanisWolfred
MattS
Stealth
Chalgyr
Perplexion
Oodelally
Midori
Shaan Joshi
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What next gen console will you be picking up by the end of this year? (no handhelds, no PCs)

POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 6 ]
POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 7 ]
[ 1 ]
POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 23

POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?

Post by Chalgyr Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:49 pm

I think that is my issue for Wii U - I know I will get it, and likely next year. But there aren't that many games me or my kids just feel like we 'have to have', you know?
Chalgyr
Chalgyr

http://chalgyrsgameroom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?

Post by V8_Ninja Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:10 pm

Honestly, I'm going for a Wii U first and foremost. While the PS4 does look appealing (and KINGDOM HEARTS 3), I am very sure that Nintendo will release a slew of games that I want to play. Wonderful 101 also looks interesting and I'm thinking that Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate should be my introduction to the series.
V8_Ninja
V8_Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by CanisWolfred Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:14 pm

There's actually a lot of games for the Wii U that interest me already, moreso than the PS4 and Xbox One combined. The only problem is that almost all of the best ones aren't out until probably late next year...
CanisWolfred
CanisWolfred

http://caniswolfredsden.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Astor M Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:51 pm

I'm getting a PS4, but just because I pre-ordered and paid it full out of desperation when I saw Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXV. I am not really exited about getting a PS4 when it launches. I don't care about COD, or Battlefield, or Watch Dogs or even Killzone.
I'm just going to grab an indie game or one of those free-to-play they're talking so much about. Or play Driveclub to see the pretty graphics since is going to be free on PS pluss. Razz
Astor M
Astor M

Back to top Go down

Post by MattS Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:54 am

The PS4 interests me more for the games that I know are coming, than the games that have been announced.

NISA, Compile Heart, GUST - all the small JRPG developers that exclusively supported the PS3 will continue to support Sony into the next gen. They're not going to jump ship to the Nintendo Wii U and the Xbox One is very unlikely to sell enough in Japan to make that console worthwhile.

So for Japanese gaming, aside from Nintendo itself, the PS4 is still going to be the console to get.
MattS
MattS
Admin

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasuki Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:53 am

Well I got a Wii U Deluxe on launch day last year, and I already have my PS4 paid off. I probably will end up getting an Xbox One as well but that will probably be later on in the generation.
Tasuki
Tasuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Chalgyr Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:26 pm

MattS wrote:The PS4 interests me more for the games that I know are coming, than the games that have been announced.

NISA, Compile Heart, GUST - all the small JRPG developers that exclusively supported the PS3 will continue to support Sony into the next gen. They're not going to jump ship to the Nintendo Wii U and the Xbox One is very unlikely to sell enough in Japan to make that console worthwhile.

So for Japanese gaming, aside from Nintendo itself, the PS4 is still going to be the console to get.
This is almost exactly what I said to a couple of co-workers who were on the fence about which system to get, and asking me why I was already committed to the PS4, when I had gotten the Xbox 360 before the PS3 previously.
Chalgyr
Chalgyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Chalgyr Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Well then... just put down a pre-order for an Xbox One after an unexpected work bonus. So in theory, I should have all 3 up and running very soon. My poor wallet...
Chalgyr
Chalgyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:12 pm

I already have a Wii U, so until Metal Gear Solid V is released later next year, you won't see me with a next generation console.
Joseph
Joseph

Back to top Go down

Post by Chalgyr Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Just got to deliver the Wind Waker Wii U to the family for Christmas. That thing has been a HUGE hit. Smile
Chalgyr
Chalgyr

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2