Digitally Downloaded Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?

+12
jim269
Billy Bob
segisaurus
Joseph
CanisWolfred
MattS
Stealth
Chalgyr
Perplexion
Oodelally
Midori
Shaan Joshi
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What next gen console will you be picking up by the end of this year? (no handhelds, no PCs)

POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  Vote_lcap0%POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  Vote_lcap17%POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  Vote_lcap26%POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 6 ]
POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  Vote_lcap4%POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  Vote_lcap4%POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  Vote_lcap30%POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 7 ]
[ 1 ]
POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  Vote_lcap13%POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 23

POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  Empty POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?

Post by Shaan Joshi Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:46 am

Personally, I have my PS4 pre-ordered, arriving at my doorstep on Day 1. The commitment to a variety of games, and the support of indie developers sold me on the console. I'll prob. pick up a Vita and a Wii U down the line, but I think the PS4 will be my primary console. 

As for the Xbox One..... I'll wait for Remedy's game to release Razz

Last edited by Shaan Joshi on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Shaan Joshi
Shaan Joshi

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/

Back to top Go down

POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  Empty Re: POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?

Post by Midori Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:06 am

I've already got the Wii U but PlayStation 4 is looking like a must-have as well. The Vita's ready to go with it. 

Regarding the Xbox One, it's really up in the air. Currently not many of the games appeal to me (beyond maybe Killer Instinct for nostalgic purposes) so I'll probably wait quite some time before investing in all three like I did this (last?) generation.
Midori
Midori

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?  Empty Re: POLL: What next-gen console are you buying?

Post by Oodelally Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:41 pm

Wii u is a lot of fun, if slightly title poor. Still, is the easiest way to convince my fiancé to play with e, so its got its purposes. Playstation 3 has had enough exclusives to have faith is PS4. Developers love the Sony vibe. Will require more information before 'committing' but I don't know if there is a truely bad console out there...

Oodelally

Back to top Go down

Post by Perplexion Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:12 pm

I have always been a cautious person when it comes to busting out the credit card and so I don't see myself picking up another console this year with other things to save for. It would not surprise me to have a new console to add to my Wii U some time early next year though when I get a better feel for what is on offer.

BTW that was my vote for nothing this year when it was actually supposed to be just the Wii U Razz
SORRY!
Perplexion
Perplexion

Back to top Go down

Post by Chalgyr Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:30 pm

I already have my PS4 reserved and fully paid off, along with a 2nd controller. That said, I imagine an Xbox One or a Wii U coming down the pipe sometime next year.
Chalgyr
Chalgyr

http://chalgyrsgameroom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:48 am

I can roll with ps4 and wii u
Stealth
Stealth

Back to top Go down

Post by MattS Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:53 am

Chalgyr wrote:I already have my PS4 reserved and fully paid off, along with a 2nd controller. That said, I imagine an Xbox One or a Wii U coming down the pipe sometime next year.

I'm holding off on the Xbox One as well. Partly because I have no idea if it's going to have any services related to the Australian market, but also partly because I'm just not a fan of zombie games and dudebro shooters, and that means the only game that I'm really keen on is SWERY's new one. 

After all, the guy behind Deadly Premonition has got to have something exciting up his sleeve. 

But I can always pick that up six months down the track off the download service if the Xbox One manages to sell me on itself by then.
MattS
MattS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:12 am

I think wii u will take off this holiday and ps4 will have a fine launch
Stealth
Stealth

Back to top Go down

Post by CanisWolfred Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:02 am

I already got a wii U this year, but I voted for it anyway. I'll be getting a PS4 in May 2015 at the earliest.
CanisWolfred
CanisWolfred

http://caniswolfredsden.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:38 pm

I'm very excited for this generation. It might be the best one yet. Smile
Joseph
Joseph

Back to top Go down

Post by Chalgyr Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:32 pm

Joseph wrote:I'm very excited for this generation. It might be the best one yet. Smile

Which one(s) are you most excited by personally? any particular reason why you feel this one's going to be the best yet? Just curious. Smile
Chalgyr
Chalgyr

Back to top Go down

Post by CanisWolfred Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:33 pm

At the very least this gen will be better than the last one...not that it'll be that much of an accomplishment. Neutral
CanisWolfred
CanisWolfred

http://caniswolfredsden.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:15 pm

Chalgyr wrote:
Which one(s) are you most excited by personally? any particular reason why you feel this one's going to be the best yet? Just curious. Smile
The quality titles we've been receiving every other year since the 90s is astoundingly impressive. The improvements, suitable directions, innovations; it's all improving as time continues and technology becomes more accessible.

Things can only can better from here on out.
Joseph
Joseph

Back to top Go down

Post by segisaurus Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:50 pm

I will buy a WiiU when I can get a new Metroid game. Until then I will stick with PC and my old consoles.
segisaurus
segisaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by MattS Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:46 am

segisaurus wrote:I will buy a WiiU when I can get a new Metroid game.  Until then I will stick with PC and my old consoles.

Nothing about the PS4 or Xbox One appeal to you?
MattS
MattS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaan Joshi Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:40 am

MattS wrote:
segisaurus wrote:I will buy a WiiU when I can get a new Metroid game.  Until then I will stick with PC and my old consoles.

inb4 Kinect is spying on me and PS4 has no good games Razz
Shaan Joshi
Shaan Joshi

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by segisaurus Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:07 pm

Shaan Joshi wrote:
MattS wrote:

inb4 Kinect is spying on me and PS4 has no good games Razz

You know me so well Shaan.

Always been a Nintendo fan with Metroid being the favorite IP so baring them doing something incredibly stupid I will get a WiiU.

Xbone's anti-consumer stance and always on spy kit was already a big no for me, plus I tried kinect at a friends house. It was not a fun experience and added nothing to any game. For some reason, even after several restarts and recalibration, the system would not work for me if i was standing. I had to kneel for it to work at all. Even without all that, most games on Xbox can also be gotten on PC, and the few exclusives it does have just don't appeal to me.

Sony lost me long ago. Held off on buying a PS3 cause of the expensive launch price, then when they finally brought the price down enough for me they started removing features. Removed Backwards Compatibility, removed USB and memory card slots, removed other OS (I'm a linux nerd). I vote with my wallet and will not support these business practices. PS has the same issue as Xbox as far as the games go, the few exclusives it does have just don't appeal to me.
segisaurus
segisaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Chalgyr Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:18 pm

Seeing as my Wii died somewhat recently, considering a Wii U a bit sooner than I might have as it is the only one with backwards compatibility. Otherwise I have 20ish Wii games just chilling on my shelf for no reason Razz
Chalgyr
Chalgyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Bob Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:39 pm

I already have a Wii U, but I plan on buying a Xbox One sometime in the future.. However, I won't buy it right away because I don't have $500 extra to buy another console with at the moment..
Billy Bob
Billy Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by jim269 Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:36 pm

i have a PS4 pre-ordered so that first but a xbox one will be down the line...maybe next year and i already have a WII U pikmin this sunday!

jim269

Back to top Go down

Post by Chalgyr Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:41 pm

jim269 wrote:i have a PS4 pre-ordered so that first but a xbox one will be down the line...maybe next year and i already have a WII U pikmin this sunday!

How's Pikmin so far? The Wii U is something I plan to eventually get, but there hasn't beennearly as much push from my kids on it as there was for the Wii. My youngest has been playing a lot of Skyward Sword and Mario Kart the last week or so - so I suspect a few more big titles and the Wii U will wind up in my living room.

Xbox One - I know I want to get it eventually, but I can't help but think it'll be the last addition to the household (since my PS4 is already paid off and I have time off from work already sitting aside for that thing's release hah)
Chalgyr
Chalgyr

Back to top Go down

Post by jim269 Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:57 pm

Chalgyr wrote:
jim269 wrote:i have a PS4 pre-ordered so that first but a xbox one will be down the line...maybe next year and i already have a WII U pikmin this sunday!

How's Pikmin so far? The Wii U is something I plan to eventually get, but there hasn't beennearly as much push from my kids on it as there was for the Wii. My youngest has been playing a lot of Skyward Sword and Mario Kart the last week or so - so I suspect a few more big titles and the Wii U will wind up in my living room.

Xbox One - I know I want to get it eventually, but I can't help but think it'll be the last addition to the household (since my PS4 is already paid off and I have time off from work already sitting aside for that thing's release hah)

pikmin is alot of fun and im going to be playing some more once im done here Very Happy 

the xbox one i would be getting for the games that only come out on it like dead rising 3 any multiplatform games will be ps4

jim269

Back to top Go down

Post by KiDasharus Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:49 am

Got a Wii U, that's all I'm concerned about. My dad will probably get a Xbox One though, at some point. I'd prefer he got a PS4 as right now I don't think the One is looking too great, but either way I'm sure I'll find something I can enjoy eventually.
KiDasharus
KiDasharus

http://nintyonline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MattS Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:51 am

KiDasharus wrote:Got a Wii U, that's all I'm concerned about. My dad will probably get a Xbox One though, at some point. I'd prefer he got a PS4 as right now I don't think the One is looking too great, but either way I'm sure I'll find something I can enjoy eventually.
What games are you looking forward to on the Wii U?

I must say I think it'll get more play time from me in the next year or two than I thought it would before the Nintendo Direct - the indie showcase from that show gave me all kinds of confidence about the range of games coming to the console.

Cubemen 2! I love Cubemen!
MattS
MattS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiDasharus Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:57 am

MattS wrote:
KiDasharus wrote:Got a Wii U, that's all I'm concerned about. My dad will probably get a Xbox One though, at some point. I'd prefer he got a PS4 as right now I don't think the One is looking too great, but either way I'm sure I'll find something I can enjoy eventually.
What games are you looking forward to on the Wii U?

I must say I think it'll get more play time from me in the next year or two than I thought it would before the Nintendo Direct - the indie showcase from that show gave me all kinds of confidence about the range of games coming to the console.

Cubemen 2! I love Cubemen!
Smash 4, whatever the next Zelda is, Shovel Knight, and Mario Kart 8 mostly at the moment. I may also get Wonderful 101, as that's looking better and better all the time. I haven't gotten Pikmin 3 yet, as I've never played a Pikmin, but hopefully soon that'll change. Also, I'm hoping to get Xenoblade sometime(I'm actually gonna ask my parents for it for Christmas, it'd kill my wallet if I tried to get it myself) so maybe after I play some of that I'll be hyped for X too. There's a small chance I'll get Sonic Lost World and 3D World if the opportunity presents itself.
KiDasharus
KiDasharus

http://nintyonline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next