Digitally Downloaded Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you play PSP games on your PS Vita?

5 posters

Go down

Do you play PSP games on your PS Vita?  Empty Do you play PSP games on your PS Vita?

Post by Astor M Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:53 am

I got a PS Vita last year but for me I actually got both a PSP and a Vita since I never owned a PSP. I've been trying to catch up with some of the best PSP games but I don't have much knowledge about the console and it's games. What games do you recommend from the PSP?
Astor M
Astor M

Back to top Go down

Do you play PSP games on your PS Vita?  Empty Re: Do you play PSP games on your PS Vita?

Post by Midori Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:06 am

You're in for one heck of a "free" console then. That said, I'm not sure about your tastes, beyond your Persona avatar. Razz If you feel like playing Persona 3 again, there's P3 Portable, hah.

Here are a few that spring to mind off the top of my head (in no particular order):
Ys Seven
LocoRoco
Black Rock Shooter
Mega Man X Maverick Hunter
Harvest Moon
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Patapon
Half-Minute Hero
Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection
Carnage Heart EXA
Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?

The one "big" game you'll have to miss out on is Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII since it still has no digital version for whatever reason, but surely the rest should compensate. I know there are also a bunch of others with solid reputations such as Monster Hunter, God of War, GTA, and Metal Gear but I wouldn't know which ones specifically to recommend and again, I'm guessing your tastes here.
Midori
Midori

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Do you play PSP games on your PS Vita?  Empty Re: Do you play PSP games on your PS Vita?

Post by MattS Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:23 am

If you're in to the Warriors games, there's six or so on the PSP - I rate the two Orochi games the most, but the Samurai Warriors on PSP was ace as well.

Some others in addition to what Midori said there that I rate quite highly:

Valhalla Knights (1 and 2)
Dragoneer's Aria
Dead or Alive Paradise (yes, I liked it. Stupid fun but I liked it).
MattS
MattS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Astor M Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:58 pm

Midori wrote:You're in for one heck of a "free" console then. That said, I'm not sure about your tastes, beyond your Persona avatar. :PIf you feel like playing Persona 3 again, there's P3 Portable, hah.

Here are a few that spring to mind off the top of my head (in no particular order):
Ys Seven
LocoRoco
Black Rock Shooter
Mega Man X Maverick Hunter
Harvest Moon
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Patapon
Half-Minute Hero
Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection
Carnage Heart EXA
Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?

The one "big" game you'll have to miss out on is Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII since it still has no digital version for whatever reason, but surely the rest should compensate. I know there are also a bunch of others with solid reputations such as Monster Hunter, God of War, GTA, and Metal Gear but I wouldn't know which ones specifically to recommend and again, I'm guessing your tastes here.
From that list I only played Dissidia so far and I loved it. However, you're guess was good, I love jrps. Going to check out the YS series, I saw a few of those on the PS store, and BRS and Tactics Ogre looks really good. And yes it is a shame I'm going to miss on Crisis Core, I saw some videos about it and it makes me want to cry. On top of that KH: Birth By Sleep too. Sad

Thank You!
Astor M
Astor M

Back to top Go down

Post by Astor M Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:19 pm

MattS wrote:If you're in to the Warriors games, there's six or so on the PSP - I rate the two Orochi games the most, but the Samurai Warriors on PSP was ace as well.

Dragoneer's Aria
Never played the Orochi games. I saw a trailer fro VK 3 for the Vita so I'm going to check out the first two because I hate jumping into a new series half way. I have DOA 5 on vita so I went to youtube to check out that Paradise game you mention expecting a fighting game but I was surprised of what I found, and I liked it! But it's $29.99 on the PS store, it's like they know I really want it so they put it more expensive than the rest PSP games on purpose! Never heard of Dragoneer's Aria either. I wasn't expecting so many good PSP games! I'm regretting not getting a PSP before, if only I knew.

Thank You!
Astor M
Astor M

Back to top Go down

Post by CanisWolfred Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:59 am

So far I've only played Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the Vita.

As for what I recommend, I'll just recommend almost every PSP game I have:

http://www.backloggery.com/games.php?user=Mickeymac92&console=PSP
http://www.backloggery.com/games.php?user=Mickeymac92&console=PSN

Not on there:

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
God Eater Burst
Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection
Hakuoki

PSP Games I do not recommend:

Blade Dancer
Dragoneer's Aria
CanisWolfred
CanisWolfred

http://caniswolfredsden.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MattS Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:01 am

Astor M wrote:
MattS wrote:If you're in to the Warriors games, there's six or so on the PSP - I rate the two Orochi games the most, but the Samurai Warriors on PSP was ace as well.

Dragoneer's Aria
Never played the Orochi games. I saw a trailer fro VK 3 for the Vita so I'm going to check out the first two because I hate jumping into a new series half way. I have DOA 5 on vita so I went to youtube to check out that Paradise game you mention expecting a fighting game but I was surprised of what I found, and I liked it! But it's $29.99 on the PS store, it's like they know I really want it so they put it more expensive than the rest PSP games on purpose! Never heard of Dragoneer's Aria either. I wasn't expecting so many good PSP games! I'm regretting not getting a PSP before, if only I knew.

Thank You!
Haha, it's rare I come across people that like DoA: Paradise. It has a sense of humour that's a little... Japanese or (mainland) European for a lot of people. It is expensive though - one of the few PSP games that has for whatever reason kept a full RRP. Tecmo Koei needs to get on with making a new game in that series and using the Vita's power.

With Valhalla Knights, make sure you only pick up one of them first (I'd start with the second, the first isn't necessary to play/ understand the second and it's the slightly better game). VK is the very definition of a cult series - there are a small group of people that absolutely love the games, and then there are the majority of people that don't. If you find you do enjoy the series make sure you pick up the Wii game too (Elder Saga).

Dragoneer's Aria is a load of fun, just be prepared for it to be slow. Combat is a very drawn out affair, which puts some people off.

Tactics Ogre is a good choice - that game has some insane depth to it. There's a port/ upgrade of Final Fantasy Tactics on the PSP as well, which is a good second choice if you're in to tactics RPGs. For a third choice, which is again a very niche game, you could also look at Blazing Souls, which I enjoyed a good deal.
MattS
MattS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Astor M Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:43 am

MattS wrote:
Astor M wrote:

Dragoneer's Aria

Thank You!
Haha, it's rare I come across people that like DoA: Paradise. It has a sense of humour that's a little... Japanese or (mainland) European for a lot of people. It is expensive though - one of the few PSP games that has for whatever reason kept a full RRP. Tecmo Koei needs to get on with making a new game in that series and using the Vita's power.

With Valhalla Knights, make sure you only pick up one of them first (I'd start with the second, the first isn't necessary to play/ understand the second and it's the slightly better game). VK is the very definition of a cult series - there are a small group of people that absolutely love the games, and then there are the majority of people that don't. If you find you do enjoy the series make sure you pick up the Wii game too (Elder Saga).

Dragoneer's Aria is a load of fun, just be prepared for it to be slow. Combat is a very drawn out affair, which puts some people off.

Tactics Ogre is a good choice - that game has some insane depth to it. There's a port/ upgrade of Final Fantasy Tactics on the PSP as well, which is a good second choice if you're in to tactics RPGs. For a third choice, which is again a very niche game, you could also look at Blazing Souls, which I enjoyed a good deal.
I know. I just really like games. And I already know the cast of the Dead or Alive girls from DOA 5 so it would't bother me watching Ayane and Kokoro play volleyball in bikini. Is hard for me not to like a game. I like getting into the mind set of others and try to understand why they like the game and then ask myself "Why can't you like it if somebody else did?". And that's the reason why at some point I am going to give up my dreams and hopes for the future and play games for the rest of my existence. Kidding, but it does sound tempting.
Astor M
Astor M

Back to top Go down

Post by Chalgyr Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:16 pm

Almost too many great PSP games to count imo. As a huge fan of RPG and strategy games, anything Persona, Lunar, Ogre Tactics, Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions all come to mind. I use my Vita for all of my PSP games now though. Once I knew for sure I was grabbing a Vita, I went through and beat all of my PSP UMD's and just transferred my digital games over to the PSP afterward.
Chalgyr
Chalgyr

http://chalgyrsgameroom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down