Digitally Downloaded Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imported any games recently?

+2
Stealth
MattS
6 posters

Go down

Imported any games recently? Empty Imported any games recently?

Post by MattS Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:47 am

Unfortunately for fans of Japanese gaming, not everything is localised into western territories. 

In fact, some of the very best games to come out of Japan are not localised. The good news is that Sony has recognised this and Sony's consoles are not region locked. So for the past generation it's been possible to play games from Japan that are will never be translated into English... assuming that you either know Japanese or don't need to understand what's going on to play, of course. 

For those of us that do like importing games, what have you imported recently? What would you recommend other people import? 

Since I started the thread I'll go first Razz

I recently imported Photo Pano Kiss for the PSVita - a game I knew was never going to be localised. While I've no doubt that the screenshots alone will make people think I'm a strange and slightly disturbed person, the game itself is a lot of fun, though not very friendly for non-Japanese speakers. 

Another game that I love importing, but wouldn't recommend to non-speakers, is the Romance of the Three Kingdoms games. Aside from a iPhone and iPad game, Tecmo Koei has stopped localising this series, but these are ridiculously deep strategy/ simulation games by console standards, and so they're essential for people that like their games intelligent... assuming that you can understand what's going on. 

Very tempted to import the just-released Atelier game too, rather than wait six months for potentially a port that removes the Japanese language track.
MattS
MattS
Admin

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Imported any games recently? Empty Re: Imported any games recently?

Post by Stealth Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:49 pm

I import games every week as you well know
Stealth
Stealth

Back to top Go down

Post by CanisWolfred Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:19 pm

Not recently, but the last one I got was EX Trooper for the PS3. If I had the money, I'd probably get 2nd Super Robot Taisen Original Generations...
CanisWolfred
CanisWolfred

http://caniswolfredsden.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaan Joshi Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:37 am

Only import game I have is the PAL version of Last Window: The Secret of Cape West. It's Cing's last game (before they filed for bankruptcy), and it's the sequel to Hotel Dusk: Room 215, which is one of my favorite DS games. Unfortunately, Last Window did not see a release outside of Europe or Japan.

Thank god for the DS and it's region-free ways.
Shaan Joshi
Shaan Joshi

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:46 pm

Nothing lately since most of the import games I've purchased are for handheld systems and neither 3DS nor Vita are terribly practical for that now (though at least it's actually possible on the latter). I'll probably end up purchasing a Japanese 3DS for few import games but I'll wait for something major like another Starfy before investing. Grabbed all five of those plus some extra copies so I'd get the sixth even if I knew it was getting an English release for consistency.

Unless we're counting digital "import" games too, then that's another story entirely. Smile
Midori
Midori

Back to top Go down

Post by MattS Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:42 am

Midori wrote:Nothing lately since most of the import games I've purchased are for handheld systems and neither 3DS nor Vita are terribly practical for that now (though at least it's actually possible on the latter). I'll probably end up purchasing a Japanese 3DS for few import games but I'll wait for something major like another Starfy before investing. Grabbed all five of those plus some extra copies so I'd get the sixth even if I knew it was getting an English release for consistency.

Unless we're counting digital "import" games too, then that's another story entirely. Smile

For physical boxes, the Vita is fine for importing games - you can play your Japanese Vita cards on your US/ UK account just fine.

It's just the downloading off the PSN that's a pain with Vita.
MattS
MattS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:56 pm

digimon 3ds should be arriving soon
Stealth
Stealth

Back to top Go down

Post by Astor M Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:17 pm

I imported a copy of Little Busters! for the PS Vita and I think this is the greatest thing I've played in a long time. Is a Visual Novel with a lot of dating elements to it. This is a hard comparison to make but it is like Persona 4 without the gameplay and instead it has some minigames and a bigger focus in dating. I said Persona because is the closest thing to a dating game I have played.

I highly recommend it. The story is my favorite part, it has some crazy twist and it is the most sad story I've seen on a game so far. It has different routes depending on what female you focus on and the story is very deep and heartwarming. It's also for the PC and PS3. I read that the PC version has some stuff that was removed from the other versions like being able to have sex with some of the females. There's an anime based on the game that is going on right now too.
Astor M
Astor M

Back to top Go down

Post by CanisWolfred Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:28 am

Oh, back in I think September(?) I got 2nd Super Robot Taisen Original Generations. I haven't played it yet, though. I'm waiting until I beat the Original Generation GBA games first so I know the story...oh wait, that doesn't make sense. The second game's in Japanese so I won't know the story in that one regardless. Razz Guess I can play it at any time...
CanisWolfred
CanisWolfred

http://caniswolfredsden.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down