Digitally Downloaded Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "Recommend me a movie" thread

3 posters

Go down

The "Recommend me a movie" thread Empty The "Recommend me a movie" thread

Post by MattS Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:20 am

Simple thread idea, really - if you're in the mood to discover a new movie, post up the genre/ type of film you're looking for, then everyone else can shoot you over some ideas for a film.

So I'll start. I'm looking some good live-action films from Japan (and yes I've already seen Battle Royale so don't recommend that one). Ideas?
MattS
MattS
Admin

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

The "Recommend me a movie" thread Empty Re: The "Recommend me a movie" thread

Post by Shaan Joshi Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:46 pm

In terms of action? No. I did however enjoy Departures, a film about a cellist who has lost his job after his orchestra disbands, and he ends up getting a job preparing the dead for funerals (encoffining).

Though if you haven't watched Oldboy yet (Korean film), go watch that. Like.... right now.
Shaan Joshi
Shaan Joshi

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Astor M Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:54 pm

MattS wrote:Simple thread idea, really - if you're in the mood to discover a new movie, post up the genre/ type of film you're looking for, then everyone else can shoot you over some ideas for a film.

So I'll start. I'm looking some good live-action films from Japan (and yes I've already seen Battle Royale so don't recommend that one). Ideas?
I saw "Ichi" and "Shinobi:Heart Under Blade" on Netflix last week. Both Japanese with good action. I also saw recently "Black Rat" and "Assault Girls". There's a few Korean movies on Netflix that are good too, my favorite is "I'm A Cyborg, And That's Ok". Amazing movie. "Dumplings" is good too, but weird as hell, and that's good! They are all on Netflix assuming you have it.

I've been searching for weird Japanese (or Korean) movies with good twist but I don't like watching random movies. Care to share a few if you know of any?

Thanks!
Astor M
Astor M

Back to top Go down

Post by MattS Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:42 am

Astor M wrote:
MattS wrote:Simple thread idea, really - if you're in the mood to discover a new movie, post up the genre/ type of film you're looking for, then everyone else can shoot you over some ideas for a film.

I saw "Ichi" and "Shinobi:Heart Under Blade" on Netflix last week. Both Japanese with good action. I also saw recently "Black Rat" and "Assault Girls". There's a few Korean movies on Netflix that are good too, my favorite is "I'm A Cyborg, And That's Ok". Amazing movie. "Dumplings" is good too, but weird as hell, and that's good! They are all on Netflix assuming you have it.

I've been searching for weird Japanese (or Korean) movies with good twist but I don't like watching random movies. Care to share a few if you know of any?

Thanks!
Have you seen Battle Royale? It's a little odd - it's The Hunger Games but good (and came first).

Also if you want just plain weird there's a Oneechanbara film.
MattS
MattS
Admin

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down