Digitally Downloaded Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Thread!

3 posters

Go down

Music Thread!  Empty Music Thread!

Post by Astor M Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:10 pm

Like the title says, anything about music here.
To start, I'm looking for some Japanese music. To be more specific J-Rock. I don't know a lot many bands and I wanted to see if anyone here liked that kind of music. I know a few, like One OK Rock, Manterou Opera, T.M Revolution, Miyavi, Stereopony and Nano. But feel free to recommend me other genres too. I also like other stuff like Utada Hikaru and Lisa. Also recommend me something that is worth downloading a full album if you know any. I have a lot of bands that only have one or two good song because of an anime soundtrack.
Thank You!
Astor M
Astor M

Back to top Go down

Music Thread!  Empty Re: Music Thread!

Post by CanisWolfred Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:56 pm

Astor M wrote:I know a few, like One OK Rock...T.M Revolution....
Thank You!
Two of my favorite bands!

I know of Asian Kung Fu Generation (creators of Rewrite), BUMP OF CHICKEN (orbital period is on iTunes, as well as Yggdrasill), and JAM Project (they do a lot of Anime Songs), all of which are great. MAN WITH A MISSION is also pretty good, though I only liked the first 3 songs on their only album on iTunes so far. Then there's Sekai no Owari (RPG).

Oh, and I can't go without recommending The Pillows! Everyone should check these guys out! Their work on FLCL was fantastic, and their other songs have been really good, too.
CanisWolfred
CanisWolfred

http://caniswolfredsden.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Music Thread!  Empty Re: Music Thread!

Post by MattS Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:40 am

Japanese music? I'm in love with Anna Tsuchiya, though I prefer her acting to her music. Sakuran is something special.

I find myself really out of touch with modern music. The stuff I tend to listen to is a little older these days - Hunters and Collectors, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, that kinda stuff.

And I do like Opera and Ballet.
MattS
MattS
Admin

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down