Digitally Downloaded Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Digitally Downloaded? Say hello here!

+17
KarakatoDzo
Astor M
KiDasharus
LordJumpMad
Emeralds
Magikarp
turtleリンク
Professor Clayton
Billy Bob
Joseph
Stealth
PrincessOats
Midori
segisaurus
Chalgyr
Perplexion
MattS
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New to Digitally Downloaded? Say hello here! Empty New to Digitally Downloaded? Say hello here!

Post by MattS Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:14 am

Let's get the easy topic out of the way straight away - if you're new to Digitally Downloaded please do drop in and introduce yourself here. We're always keen to hear from new readers!

What are your favourite consoles and games? what are you playing at the moment? What do you think of Digitally Downloaded? 

Welcome!
MattS
MattS
Admin

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

New to Digitally Downloaded? Say hello here! Empty Re: New to Digitally Downloaded? Say hello here!

Post by Perplexion Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:37 pm

Well hello there MattS!

I like scented flowers, long walks along the beach... I mean I am a bit of a here and there games fan. I like rpg's particularly turn-based, adventure, platformers, board game ports, light strategy, cheesy classics, any game where you can create your own anything (car, player, house, empire, team, whatever). My favourite genre would probably be rpg's like morrowind/oblivion/skyrim, D&D titles like Neverwinter Nights and Baldurs Gate, and Knights of the Old Republic.
Perplexion
Perplexion

Back to top Go down

New to Digitally Downloaded? Say hello here! Empty Re: New to Digitally Downloaded? Say hello here!

Post by Chalgyr Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:36 pm

Not new - but I am more than willing to introduce myself to those who join up. I like... well, a lot of games. On a lot of consoles. Seriously  - I play everything from shooter to RPG to Sports to wartime strategy. I've been playing video games since I got a TI 99/4a when I was like 5, and have owned about 80% of the consoles since. Current gen, I'm sitting on Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Vita, 3DS with a PS4 in my end-of-the-year future. Smile
Chalgyr
Chalgyr

http://chalgyrsgameroom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by segisaurus Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:49 pm

Hello All,

I'm mostly a retro gamer, especially RPGs.  Started gaming on the PC with a Tandy 1000 and on a Collecovision for the consoles.  The 2 most modern games I really liked were Morrowind (2002) and Fallout 3 (2008 ).  So I mainly play games from the PS1 era and earlier.  My favorite console was the Super Nintendo.
segisaurus
segisaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by MattS Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:54 pm

segisaurus wrote:Hello All,

I'm mostly a retro gamer, especially RPGs.  Started gaming on the PC with a Tandy 1000 and on a Collecovision for the consoles.  The 2 most modern games I really liked were Morrowind (2002) and Fallout 3 (2008 ).  So I mainly play games from the PS1 era and earlier.  My favorite console was the Super Nintendo.

Welcome!

First thing I would like to say is that while we don't have a 'best avatar' competition yet, you have already won. 

But on a more serious matter, Morrowind is one of my all-time favourite games too. I was wowed by that games vision in a way that has made the impact of subsequent Elder Scrolls games pale by comparison.

But then I am old and bitter now and it's quite possible that since that arrow to the knee I just haven't been able to see the modern world like I once did Wink

But yes, glad you found us, hope you enjoy the forum!
MattS
MattS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:05 pm

Like Chalgyr, I'm not exactly new around these parts but a quick intro can't hurt. I started gaming primarily with 2D platformers on the Super Nintendo and Mega Drive. Since then, I have expanded to every major console and handheld as well as a good deal of other genres. Still have that soft spot for the Mario and Sonic franchises though.
Midori
Midori

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessOats Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:39 pm

Hello all, I've been reading Digitally Downloaded for a while now courtesy of Matt (we used to do reviews for the same website - like a decade ago, holy crap!) but have never been active on the site or anything. Right now my main platforms are iOS (who knew iPad gaming would be so addictive?!) and the Xbox 360 - I skipped the PS3 but will probably cave in for the PS4 first when it comes to next-gen consoles. As for what I'm playing now, I just finished Home on iOS (what a freaky, mind-freak of a game) and am replaying through Fable 3 thanks to Microsoft's free download of it a few weeks ago. We just got our Kinect set up again though, so I'll probably be messing around with that more in the coming months.

So yep... hi!
PrincessOats
PrincessOats

http://www.cmyphotos.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by MattS Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:08 am

PrincessOats wrote:Hello all, I've been reading Digitally Downloaded for a while now courtesy of Matt (we used to do reviews for the same website - like a decade ago, holy crap!) but have never been active on the site or anything. Right now my main platforms are iOS (who knew iPad gaming would be so addictive?!) and the Xbox 360 - I skipped the PS3 but will probably cave in for the PS4 first when it comes to next-gen consoles. As for what I'm playing now, I just finished Home on iOS (what a freaky, mind-freak of a game) and am replaying through Fable 3 thanks to Microsoft's free download of it a few weeks ago. We just got our Kinect set up again though, so I'll probably be messing around with that more in the coming months.

So yep... hi!

Welcome! Wow, thinking back to the days of GBA Central affraid

Good to see people playing games on the iPad! It's a great device for such gaming :-) What are some of your favourites?
MattS
MattS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:48 am

Hello, 

My name is stealth, friend to all gamers. Mentioned on dtoid, game informer, ign, ect. Love japan.

@stealth____
Stealth
Stealth

Back to top Go down

Post by segisaurus Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:03 am

MattS wrote:

Welcome!

First thing I would like to say is that while we don't have a 'best avatar' competition yet, you have already won. 

But on a more serious matter, Morrowind is one of my all-time favourite games too. I was wowed by that games vision in a way that has made the impact of subsequent Elder Scrolls games pale by comparison.

But then I am old and bitter now and it's quite possible that since that arrow to the knee I just haven't been able to see the modern world like I once did Wink

I think my Indian name would be "Old man yells at clouds" so I'll be right at home in the retro gaming forum.   I'm still wow'ed by the variety of landscapes in Morrowind.  Marshland, Forest, Desert, Tidal plains, mountains, grasslands, tundra, giant mushroom land.  Even the cities had a wide range of architecture.  There was just so much more to explore.  Skyrim may have improved the combat mechanics, but the world is just so much smaller.
segisaurus
segisaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by MattS Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:07 am

segisaurus wrote:
MattS wrote:

Welcome!

I think my Indian name would be "Old man yells at clouds" so I'll be right at home in the retro gaming forum.   I'm still wow'ed by the variety of landscapes in Morrowind.  Marshland, Forest, Desert, Tidal plains, mountains, grasslands, tundra, giant mushroom land.  Even the cities had a wide range of architecture.  There was just so much more to explore.  Skyrim may have improved the combat mechanics, but the world is just so much smaller.

I hear you on that. My favourite moments of Morrowind were very much around just exploring. I to this day remember the first time I realised how awesome the game was - when I walked out of the starting village, thinking that those first 10 hours or so of play was pretty impressive, only to run into a town that was at least four times as big... and it wasn't even the next place I needed to go according to the main quest line! 

Oblivion and Skyrim both did a far better job of providing a cohesive main storyline, but it was at the expense of being able to do stuff and discover big areas that had nothing to do with the main story whatsoever. 

Morrowind 4 lyf, basically. Cool
MattS
MattS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:03 pm

Hello everyone, you may know me from NintendoLife as Chrono_Cross.

Just know that I'm a reviewer for the site and I love Mel Gibson. And it's not weird, okay?
Joseph
Joseph

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessOats Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:00 am

MattS wrote:
PrincessOats wrote:Hello all, I've been reading Digitally Downloaded for a while now courtesy of Matt (we used to do reviews for the same website - like a decade ago, holy crap!) but have never been active on the site or anything. Right now my main platforms are iOS (who knew iPad gaming would be so addictive?!) and the Xbox 360 - I skipped the PS3 but will probably cave in for the PS4 first when it comes to next-gen consoles. As for what I'm playing now, I just finished Home on iOS (what a freaky, mind-freak of a game) and am replaying through Fable 3 thanks to Microsoft's free download of it a few weeks ago. We just got our Kinect set up again though, so I'll probably be messing around with that more in the coming months.

So yep... hi!

Welcome! Wow, thinking back to the days of GBA Central affraid

Good to see people playing games on the iPad! It's a great device for such gaming :-) What are some of your favourites?
Hmmmm tough question. I'm open to trying pretty much anything on it. My staples are Pixel People, Sims FreePlay and Pocket Planes right now. GTAIII is great on it, and Home is a great (quick) play. And just getting into Mini Ninjas, played it on the 360 forever ago.
PrincessOats
PrincessOats

http://www.cmyphotos.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Bob Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:22 am

Hi, I'm Billy Bob. I discovered this site from Nintendolife and decided to make an account.. My favorite consoles of all time are the Sega Genesis and the N64. My favorite game is Mario Sunshine. There, hope that's enough info for y'all!
Billy Bob
Billy Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by MattS Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:20 pm

Billy Bob wrote:Hi, I'm Billy Bob. I discovered this site from Nintendolife and decided to make an account.. My favorite consoles of all time are the Sega Genesis and the N64. My favorite game is Mario Sunshine. There, hope that's enough info for y'all!

Welcome! There's a few NintendoLifers here, you should have a great time Very Happy

It's good to see another fan of the most underrated of Mario games, too!
MattS
MattS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Clayton Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:58 am

Raaawwwrrr~
I'm here, ready to kick names and take some @$$.
I'm from Nintendo Life, as are a lot of users I see~
I like Professor Layton, and other things, and that's all you need to know. u___u
Professor Clayton
Professor Clayton

http://nintyonline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by turtleリンク Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:32 am

I'm turtle. I like games! Especially fighting ones!
turtleリンク
turtleリンク

Back to top Go down

Post by Magikarp Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:41 am

Everyone cool from Nintendolife is leaving and joining this site :O

And I'm cool with that! Welcome Clay and Turtlelink!
Magikarp
Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by MattS Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:00 am

This is awesome - all my favourite people from NintendoLife have discovered us! Glad to be able to keep chatting with you folks Very Happy
MattS
MattS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeralds Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:37 pm

cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat
Mewmewmew~ >:3
I have graced you all with my puuurfect presence~ KittyButt will pounce on you soon~ :*
cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat 
Hi Avi~
Emeralds
Emeralds

Back to top Go down

Post by LordJumpMad Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:16 pm

I am LordJumpMad, feel my wrath! My Madness will rip you in half!
For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your site, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
LordJumpMad
LordJumpMad

Back to top Go down

Post by MattS Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:15 am

Uh oh. There goes the neighbourhood.

Just kidding of course! Glad to have you both on board, since you're both awesome and all that!
MattS
MattS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiDasharus Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:55 pm

Hey everyone! I'm KiDasharus, but just call me Dash. I'm literally the biggest Kid Icarus: Uprising fan ever, even if I'm not the best player ever.

Some of you from NL may remember me as 3Dash, in case you haven't checked there in a while. I heard a lot of NL users were coming here so I thought I'd join in the fun!
KiDasharus
KiDasharus

http://nintyonline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MattS Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:50 am

KiDasharus wrote:Hey everyone! I'm KiDasharus, but just call me Dash. I'm literally the biggest Kid Icarus: Uprising fan ever, even if I'm not the best player ever.

Some of you from NL may remember me as 3Dash, in case you haven't checked there in a while. I heard a lot of NL users were coming here so I thought I'd join in the fun!
All NintendoLifer's welcome!

Looking forward to chatting with you about all things Nintendo! As an admission I've only briefly played the 3DS Kid Icarus, so I sadly don't have much to say there, but everything else I'm there!
MattS
MattS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Astor M Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi, I'm Astor and I am new to forums! But I've been posting for a few days now and I just found this. Better late than never I guess.
I like JRPG's and anime and almost anything Japanese related.
My favorite game ever is Metal Gear Solid 3! It's basicly the game that made me a gamer and my first Mature rated game when I was younger. For some reason that was a big deal for me, i was like 11 when that game came out.
I also review games for another site that I run. Oh and I love Digitally Downloaded!
So yeah, that's basically it, I love games and I love talking about them!
Astor M
Astor M

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next