Digitally Downloaded Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting Game General Discussion

5 posters

Go down

Fighting Game General Discussion  Empty Fighting Game General Discussion

Post by turtleリンク Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:29 am

Discuss anything related to fighting games here!

I'm a pretty big fan of 2D fighting games and personally can't wait for the new Persona 4 Arena, whenever that gets released and localized, lol. So, what fighting games do you guys enjoy?
turtleリンク
turtleリンク

Back to top Go down

Fighting Game General Discussion  Empty Re: Fighting Game General Discussion

Post by MattS Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:59 am

turtleリンク wrote:Discuss anything related to fighting games here!

I'm a pretty big fan of 2D fighting games and personally can't wait for the new Persona 4 Arena, whenever that gets released and localized, lol. So, what fighting games do you guys enjoy?
Persona 4 Arena hasn't been localised in your area yet? It's been here for months now. Or are you talking about the next game?

Anyway, I love P4A - it and Blazblue are my favourite 2D fighters by a long shot, thanks to interesting character design and stories. I'd hate to try my luck with either online though. I suck at those games and can only really make progress on easy.

My favourite fighter of all is Dead or Alive 5 though. On THAT game I can hold my own against most skill levels with Hitomi. It's also one of the few games where I've spent more on DLC than the actual game, lol.
MattS
MattS
Admin

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CanisWolfred Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:05 am

I still find it ironic that the first fighting game I ever played was a game made specifically for Fighting game veterans: The King of Fighters '94. It was the single most frustrating experience I've ever had - I couldn't even beat the first team - and I loved every second of it. Still required Super Street Fighter II for me to get into the genre, though, since it taught me the basics. Then King of Fighters '98 made me a real fan.
CanisWolfred
CanisWolfred

http://caniswolfredsden.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by turtleリンク Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:27 am

MattS wrote:
Persona 4 Arena hasn't been localised in your area yet? It's been here for months now. Or are you talking about the next game?

Anyway, I love P4A - it and Blazblue are my favourite 2D fighters by a long shot, thanks to interesting character design and stories. I'd hate to try my luck with either online though. I suck at those games and can only really make progress on easy.
I was referring to the new one, lol. Junpei and Yukari are in so that already makes the game a must have from launch! I also need to give Blazblue a shot one of these days...

Personally, the best way for me to make progress in a fighting game is, after learning my character, is to go online and hope I cant stand a chance, even if I get whooped a bunch of times lol.

CanisWolfred wrote:I still find it ironic that the first fighting game I ever played was a game made specifically for Fighting game veterans: The King of Fighters '94. It was the single most frustrating experience I've ever had - I couldn't even beat the first team - and I loved every second of it. Still required Super Street Fighter II for me to get into the genre, though, since it taught me the basics. Then King of Fighters '98 made me a real fan.

Yea, KoF is one hell of a technical game. I was playing with a friend a couple of weeks ago in XIII, and he was doing stuff with K' that I didn't even know you could do. Razz
turtleリンク
turtleリンク

Back to top Go down

Post by Chalgyr Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:43 pm

I've played a LOT of fighting games over the years. I have incredibly fond memories of Street Fight II in the arcade from high school. Dropping in quarters - my buddy Randy was a Ken guy, I liked Ryu - we always had the best matches.

I have played almost every series along the way though - Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Soul Caliber, Tekken, King of Fighters, Virtua Fighter, Dead or Alive, Blazblue - and recently picked up Persona 4 Arena really cheap - so I am looking forward to that one. The thing about fighting games is they have a pretty short shelf life for me. The online communities seem to dwindle off quickly, and I can usually play through all of the modes and rosters in about a weekend.
Chalgyr
Chalgyr

http://chalgyrsgameroom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasuki Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:29 pm

I was big on fighting games when they first appeared in the arcades and the home consoles back in the early to mid 90's. Even a bit in the PS era, and Soul Caliber II was one of the reason I got a Gamecube. Been a fan of most of them Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken especially and a few others.

I have to agree with Chalgyr thought as they tend to have a short life with me too. I have Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition and Injustice: Gods Among Us but I hardly play those now. I guess I dont have the attention span for them like I use to and get bored of them very quickly.
Tasuki
Tasuki

Back to top Go down

Post by MattS Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:57 pm

So I am playing Girl Fight for a review.

My interest in the entire fighting game genre is taking a beating with this game.
MattS
MattS
Admin

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Chalgyr Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:44 pm

I just posted my review on that one on my blog today Matt. Yeah, that game was rough. Mediocre at best, lousy at worst. Just so little to like about it. Sad
Chalgyr
Chalgyr

http://chalgyrsgameroom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down