Digitally Downloaded Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well... I just put down a pre-order on the Zelda Wii U bundle...

4 posters

Go down

Well... I just put down a pre-order on the Zelda Wii U bundle... Empty Well... I just put down a pre-order on the Zelda Wii U bundle...

Post by Chalgyr Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:42 pm

So I'll be adding that to my console collection. I won't be opening it up for a bit, except maybe to register it and make sure things are there and working one day when the kids are gone, but it's going to be a Christmas present for the family.

I'm still trying to sort out games to get for the kids, however. Wind Waker will be for my youngest - she adores all things Zelda. My son wants Smash Brothers in the worst way - which I believe is out before Christmas? The toughest one is my oldest. She would love Mario Kart, but I believe that's a 2014 release? Any other suggestions on that front? I've considered Disney Infinity, Pikmin or maybe a Mario/Luigi title?

Did the price drop and/or zelda bundle grab anyone else's attention (and dollars) or not?
Chalgyr
Chalgyr

http://chalgyrsgameroom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Well... I just put down a pre-order on the Zelda Wii U bundle... Empty Re: Well... I just put down a pre-order on the Zelda Wii U bundle...

Post by Astor M Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:41 pm

Both the price drop and the Zelda bundle got my attention. However, I don't think I'll be getting a Wii U until next year. I know my brother is really exited for Bayonetta 2 since he loved the first one, and for myself that Monolith Software game looks amazing and of course, Smash Brothers.

I recently bough a 3DS for my younger brother and I already pre-ordered two Playstation 4, one for me and one for my brother. I might even get a 3DS for myself too, since I travel a lot and the PS Vita has been a faithful companion so far. That means no Wii U anytime soon.

For some reason I like how you're talking about getting a Wii U and games for your kids. When I have kids, I swear I will turn them into Otakus. I would watch anime with them and buy them anime figures! I don't know why I am thinking about this. I feel like I'm getting old, lol. Razz
Astor M
Astor M

Back to top Go down

Well... I just put down a pre-order on the Zelda Wii U bundle... Empty Re: Well... I just put down a pre-order on the Zelda Wii U bundle...

Post by MattS Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:48 am

Disney Infinity is essential, Nick. It will also be the only game they need for some time - those miniatures act like DLC, adding dozens of hours of play each.

As for the Zelda bundle itself - doesn't appeal to me since I already have a Wii U and the bundle hasn't been announced for Australia Razz
MattS
MattS
Admin

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Chalgyr Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:23 am

@astor - my son's a big fan of RPG's - though he doesn't finish any. Otaku? That's my oldest. She watches more anime and reads up on more cosplay than I ever have. That said, the wii always appealed to the whole family, and it feels to me like the Wii U has finally hit that sweet spot too.

@matt - I suspect that'll be the game for my oldest. as for the Zelda bundle? I can't even tell you how much my youngest is going to squeal. I'm planning to record it being opened, and try to get her reaction. She ADORES Zelda - especially Windwaker. Smile
Chalgyr
Chalgyr

http://chalgyrsgameroom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:22 am

Chalgyr wrote:She ADORES Zelda - especially Windwaker. Smile
Your daughter has excellent taste. Razz Either Wind Waker or Majora's Mask would be my vote for best in the series. I seriously contemplated grabbing the bundle despite already owning a Wii U, but that would be pretty superfluous when PS4 and Xbone are right on the horizon...
Midori
Midori

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down