Digitally Downloaded Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miniatures! Do you collect 'em? Share your stories!

5 posters

Go down

Miniatures! Do you collect 'em? Share your stories! Empty Miniatures! Do you collect 'em? Share your stories!

Post by MattS Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:48 pm

When I got into Japanese games in a big way (i.e after I took my first trup to Japan and realised what I was missing out on in terms of both culture and releases in the west), I also discovered that I rather like the miniatures that Japanese otaku people have a thing for collecting. I used to think these were cheap toys, but nope, they can be intensely detailed works that cost a small fortune to buy (especially if you inport).

And so, I found myself slowly buying up some for myself. Mostly gaming related, but there's a couple of manga miniatures that I've tracked down too.

The next one I need to grab is this one:

Miniatures! Do you collect 'em? Share your stories! 01_150_1

It's Totori! I haven't got a Totori yet, but I love that game.

What I do have (and is the pride of my collection) is a Meruru:

Miniatures! Do you collect 'em? Share your stories! OhnoRaptors1354158213__94645_zoom

Anyone else interested in miniatures or have a collection?
MattS
MattS
Admin

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Miniatures! Do you collect 'em? Share your stories! Empty Re: Miniatures! Do you collect 'em? Share your stories!

Post by Astor M Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:34 pm

Totori! I want it! My most loved one is Lightning (Lightning Returns version) from Play Arts Kai. I imported it a few weeks ago and it is beautiful! Lightning is the first I get from a game, the rest I own are from anime series like Asuna and Rei from Evangelion. I would't say I have a big collection because I only have a few. Lightning cost me $85! That means no more Otaku stuff for me for some time. I'm glad to see someone here that likes this stuff, not everyday you get to know a fan of these.
Astor M
Astor M

Back to top Go down

Miniatures! Do you collect 'em? Share your stories! Empty Re: Miniatures! Do you collect 'em? Share your stories!

Post by Chalgyr Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:27 pm

Not much in the way of game miniatures. My collection of castles, dragons and more (pewter mostly, but several other kinds too) has sort of overtaken my den. Razz
Chalgyr
Chalgyr

http://chalgyrsgameroom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Magikarp Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:04 am

I don't collect them either, but they're very good as gifts for my friends who are more into Anime and Japanese culture. Otaku are very easy to shop for Razz 
Magikarp
Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by MattS Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:38 am

Astor M wrote:Totori! I want it! My most loved one is Lightning (Lightning Returns version) from Play Arts Kai. I imported it a few weeks ago and it is beautiful! Lightning is the first I get from a game, the rest I own are from anime series like Asuna and Rei from Evangelion. I would't say I have a big collection because I only have a few. Lightning cost me $85! That means no more Otaku stuff for me for some time. I'm glad to see someone here that likes this stuff, not everyday you get to know a fan of these.
Yeah, they're expensive alright!

I need to get a Lightning. Mind you, I had no idea that this existed; need to change my lack of ownership here too:

Miniatures! Do you collect 'em? Share your stories! 131157-h018

Last edited by MattS on Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
MattS
MattS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MattS Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:39 am

Magikarp wrote:I don't collect them either, but they're very good as gifts for my friends who are more into Anime and Japanese culture. Otaku are very easy to shop for Razz 

hahahhaha, that is so true! It's not like there's any shortage of these things out there.

Do you use JList when shopping?
MattS
MattS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:23 am

I was never really one for miniatures, instead opting plushies. The Yoshis in particular have somehow worked their way from one shelf to basically all sides of the room.

That said, there are few Full Metal Alchemist ones around...somewhere. I believe they are Edward Elric, Winry Rockbell, and Roy Mustang.
Midori
Midori

Back to top Go down

Post by MattS Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:03 am

Midori wrote:I was never really one for miniatures, instead opting plushies. The Yoshis in particular have somehow worked their way from one shelf to basically all sides of the room.

That said, there are few Full Metal Alchemist ones around...somewhere. I believe they are Edward Elric, Winry Rockbell, and Roy Mustang.

Haha, I love Yoshi plushies. By far the best character in Nintendo's character lineup for character goods (well, him and Kirby). Do you have a favourite Yoshi?
MattS
MattS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Astor M Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:23 am

MattS wrote:
Astor M wrote:Totori! I want it! My most loved one is Lightning (Lightning Returns version) from Play Arts Kai. I imported it a few weeks ago and it is beautiful! Lightning is the first I get from a game, the rest I own are from anime series like Asuna and Rei from Evangelion. I would't say I have a big collection because I only have a few. Lightning cost me $85! That means no more Otaku stuff for me for some time. I'm glad to see someone here that likes this stuff, not everyday you get to know a fan of these.
Yeah, they're expensive alright!

I need to get a Lightning. Mind you, I had no idea that this existed; need to change my lack of ownership here too:

Miniatures! Do you collect 'em? Share your stories! 131157-h018
RISE! Haha, I can't believe I din't check for persona figures. I'm adding her to my list of things to get.
Astor M
Astor M

Back to top Go down

Post by MattS Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:39 am

Rise wasn't playable in Persona 4 Arena. This made me very sad and I don't play the game much any more Sad
MattS
MattS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:24 am

MattS wrote:Haha, I love Yoshi plushies. By far the best character in Nintendo's character lineup for character goods (well, him and Kirby). Do you have a favourite Yoshi?
That's like asking a parent to pick a favourite child. Sad Probably this standard-looking green one with magnetic hands and feet. You can bet it got exploited by everyone who ever saw it though, to the point where a foot is missing a magnet and looks like it underwent some sort of footwear surgery. He has valiantly soldiered on through many a trauma.
Midori
Midori

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum