Digitally Downloaded Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playstation 4

5 posters

Go down

Playstation 4  Empty Playstation 4

Post by Astor M Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:06 pm

I'll just go ahead and make this thread for everything PS4 for now. I already got mine and I am enjoying it. Who else got it? What are you playing? Add me. PSN: KINGOCELOT
Astor M
Astor M

Back to top Go down

Playstation 4  Empty Re: Playstation 4

Post by MattS Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:58 am

Astor M wrote:I'll just go ahead and make this thread for everything PS4 for now. I already got mine and I am enjoying it. Who else got it? What are you playing? Add me. PSN: KINGOCELOT
I am so very sad that I'm going to have to wait an age for my own PS4 Sad

But I know of the DDNet team, Nick has one!
MattS
MattS
Admin

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Astor M Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:21 am

I already got bored of mine. Finished Killzone, Resogun and Contrast. Played Warframe and Blacklight for a while, but Blacklight sucks and Warframe is ok to be free. So far Contrast is the best thing I played, I might replayed soon because it was really good. I hope they patch it because is a little buggy. Nothing else to play now. I will probably buy AC Blackflag on Christmas and that's it. I can't wait for an RPG to come to the PS4. I wish Lighting Returns and Dark Souls 2 where for the ps4. Sad 
Astor M
Astor M

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:38 am

^That's unfortunate to hear, yet expected for most launches I guess.
I've been heavily contemplating one as I have all the funds tucked away and systems aren't impossible to find but I can't justify buying a console for Knack. The launch titles seem rather western-centric, which I wouldn't mind so much if nearly every game wasn't among my least favourite genres or thematically displeasing. And even so, several are ports that I could conceivably play on my current hardware and wouldn't. The lack of backwards compatibility means I can't use it as an excuse to re-experience games I missed out on or delude myself into believing Lightning Returns is a PS4 game.

Will definitely be buying one at some point in the not-too-distant future though, especially if the indie games and such keep piling up. Or inFamous.
Midori
Midori

Back to top Go down

Post by MattS Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:56 am

I'm getting a PS4 as soon as I can, but with the full awareness that I probably won't care for it much for the first six months to year.

The PS4 is going to get the lion's share of Japanese games, and that's going to make it the essential console for me, but those won't come for a while yet.

Well, that and the indie games. Contrast is truly awesome - I've got a review for the PS3 version coming soon.
MattS
MattS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chalgyr Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:42 pm

I've been enjoying mine, but I haven't had nearly as much time for it as I wanted. Wound up out of town on Saturday for about 9 hours to deal with some in-law related stuff, and then a huge storm came through our area and knocked out power for most of Sunday. I've still gotten in plenty of time with Madden and Super Motherload, and FIFA is supposed to be coming my way shortly.

My son has been playing a lot of Battlefield 4 - but some bugginess with the game has been frustrating him (one of his favorite online modes just doesn't seem to be working at all, and his campaign file has gotten corrupted like 3 times now, so he's giving up on it until the patch goes live shortly). I have had a bit of time with Knack, and he has had a bit with Killzone, Warframe and Blacklight. Hoping to log a bit more time over the next few days (since I have an XB1 on the way Friday as well)
Chalgyr
Chalgyr

http://chalgyrsgameroom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Astor M Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:07 pm

One thing that is a lot of fun is remote play with the Vita. I've been playing Trine 2 with my brother using the Vita as a second controller and that solve the problem of buying another controller. That's why I love my Vita.

I'll guess we will have to wait for the PS4 to release in Japan before we see any Japanese games over here. Hopefully FF14 will come close to the Japanese release of the console because I want to get it for the PS4.

If by some miracle we get Yakuza Ishin, I will be very happy!
Astor M
Astor M

Back to top Go down

Post by Chalgyr Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:32 pm

haha - hadn't really thought about that issue for the Vita and remote play. I picked up two controllers, and the PS4 is set up in a room where there's no real competition for 'other things' like my wife watching TV. And I concur about FF14. I thought about picking it up earlier for my PS3, but am holding off for now. It's not like I don't have a stack of other titles to deal with at the moment. Razz
Chalgyr
Chalgyr

Back to top Go down

Post by KiDasharus Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:12 am

I'd get a PS4 if I, like, had money >.<
KiDasharus
KiDasharus

http://nintyonline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chalgyr Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:18 pm

Fair point, KiDasharus. This is the first time I've been all-in on new console releases ever. It only took me being in my professional career for over 15 years to reach that stage where I could afford to. Razz

So I beat Knack. I really wanted to like it, but it was just painfully average and underwhelming. I've just gotten into Killzone a bit the other night. So far I'm enjoying it well enough
Chalgyr
Chalgyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Astor M Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:20 pm

Me two, this is the first time that I bought a console on day 1. I usually wait like a year before I buy one (saving money used to take time in high school, I had to skip on presents for a whole year with the hopes that my mom would get me a console by the next year:)

I only played a little of Knack and it was ok, I wouldn't buy it, but it didn't look bad. I still play Killzone from time to time. I don't like first person shooters but there is something about Killzone that keeps me playing. I think is because I suck a most FPS and I do well in Killzone. Add me so we can play some multiplayer. psn KINGOCELOT
Astor M
Astor M

Back to top Go down

Post by Chalgyr Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:11 pm

And... friend request sent, Astor. Time for me to start getting a few more chapters in so I can get better at it. I still haven't touched multiplayer yet. My son hasn't really gotten hooked on it, and he's big into FPS, but it does feel like Killzone is perhaps a bit more forgiving than say, Battlefield 4 (which is the primary game my son plays currently)
Chalgyr
Chalgyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Astor M Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:53 pm

My biggest problem with FPS is that I play with the controllers inverted up/down and left/right. Battlefield and COD doesn't let me invert left/right and by consequence I suck at them. However, Killzone lets me invert left and right so I can actually play right, maybe not good but better, for me at least.

Just send me a message when you finish the story and jump into multiplayer.
Astor M
Astor M

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum