Digitally Downloaded Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's talk about Assassin's Creed

3 posters

Go down

Let's talk about Assassin's Creed Empty Let's talk about Assassin's Creed

Post by MattS Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:36 am

I have Assassin's Creed on the brain at the moment as I've been playing Black Flag like crazy.

So let's chat about Assassin's Creed! This series has become my favourite AAA-grade game series. I got hooked late (3 was the first one I really enjoyed), and I got hooked because of the history that the developers have brought into the series. AC3 inspired me to click over to Wikipedia, and so far Black Flag is doing the same. I like games that encourage me to do some learning after playing.

That said, I'm looking forward to Liberation HD more than anything else. Aveline is one of my favourite female protagonists in games, ever, and it makes me sad to know that the game will probably not sell so well for that precise reason - it's well known that games with female leads don't tend to do so well in the market. Sad

So are you a fan of the AC series? Do you have a favourite? Let me know!
MattS
MattS
Admin

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about Assassin's Creed Empty Re: Let's talk about Assassin's Creed

Post by Astor M Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:40 am

Actually, I love the AC games except for AC3. It wasn't bad, but it went in a different direction from the previous games in the series. I really like it the first games because it was really interesting to see the story of the assassins creed and how they became assassins and all of that stuff. I loved how Ezio went from being a cocky and stubborn young man to become a respectable leader of the assassins creed and rebuilding the creed with many new assassins. Those first games where all about the assassins and their story and I really found that interesting. Trying out Da Vinci's new inventions was great too. It added some craziness and a lot of variety to the story missions, something that was missing in AC3.

AC3 and Black Flag are more about the world they are in. That's good but I don't find them as interesting as the previews games and the assassins part of the story is almost completely ignored. Being that said, I'm yet to play AC4 so what do I now, I'll probably end up loving it.

Even though I didn't like AC3 so much, I loved Liberation on the Vita and I agree with Aveline being an amazing protagonist. I'm glad they are making the HD version and I hope they add more content.
Astor M
Astor M

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about Assassin's Creed Empty Re: Let's talk about Assassin's Creed

Post by Chalgyr Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:34 pm

Hmm. I have an odd relationship with Assassin's Creed. I played through the first one on Xbox when it first came out, and I was the first of my friends to both play and beat it. It was 'interesting', but I never really got 'hooked.

I completely skipped the next few games and did not play again until a friend loaned me AC III. I beat that one in a matter of days, and while I liked most of it, there were parts that really irritated me too. The story was interesting to me, but parts of the game felt like a slog - especially near the end. Black Flag interests me as well though, and I'm contemplating nabbing it for PS4 or Xbox One later this month
Chalgyr
Chalgyr

http://chalgyrsgameroom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum