Digitally Downloaded Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What ya getting up to this Christmas?

4 posters

Go down

What ya getting up to this Christmas? Empty What ya getting up to this Christmas?

Post by MattS Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:40 pm

Christmas is my favourite time of year. As a kid that was because it meant presents, but now that I am older and somewhat wiser it's because friends and family and good food and good wine and a chance to take some time away from the routines of daily life as a journalist, knowing that because everyone else is also taking time off I'm not actually missing out on doing my job.

So what is everyone's plans for Christmas? I'm spending a couple of weeks with my family out of the city, which is just awesome because I hate cities and like getting back to nature somewhat. Of course I'll be taking my game consoles because I have promised myself an Atelier marathon, but other than that I plan to be out and about outside.

Oh, and cricket. Gonna play cricket.
MattS
MattS
Admin

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

What ya getting up to this Christmas? Empty Re: What ya getting up to this Christmas?

Post by Astor M Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:45 am

This Christmas is kind of a special one for me. I am going to Japan in a few months so this is probably the last Christmas I spend with my family in a long time (I'm not planing to come back). So I wan't to make sure I spend all of my time with them, especially with my little brother. Is terrifying to think that he will be without me and without a father, but I also plan to come back and take him with me to Japan whenever possible.

As for games, I had a few gifts for my brother but he found Dragon's Crown and we ended up playing it early, can't say I'm mad about that. I still have Dead Space 3 and Injustice well hidden, so we can have some more co-op this Christmas. I am also getting Atelier Meruru and Time and Eternity for myself.

That's just Christmas day, where I live we basically have two Christmas days (awesome I know). The "second" Christmas is on January 6 and is the Three Kings Day for us. There is also more gifts that day. It used to be more exiting when I was receiving gifts rather than giving them. Is still cool though. Not sure what to get that day. Maybe Atelier Ayesha and some other co-op game for my brother.
Astor M
Astor M

Back to top Go down

What ya getting up to this Christmas? Empty Re: What ya getting up to this Christmas?

Post by Chalgyr Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Wow - sounds like you both have some great plans for the holidays.

Sadly, I'm working pretty much all of it. I'm off Christmas day and New Years Day, but working all around that, including probably some over those weekends. We did most of our holiday travel last weekend, so we can relax on Christmas morning with the kiddos (as they open their Wii U!), but otherwise I'll probably still be putting in 50+ hour weeks those two weeks. At least I get a few days near the end of January when I go to Florida to visit my dad for 5 days. Smile
Chalgyr
Chalgyr

http://chalgyrsgameroom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MattS Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:41 am

Wow, Astor, what's inspired you to head over to Japan? How good is your Japanese? Not to discourage you or anything, but that's one of the few developed nations in the world where if you don't speak the local language you're going to struggle.

Then again I know a lot of people that have headed over to Japan and learned on the fly. Had a difficult couple of months at first, but after that they were just fine :-)
MattS
MattS
Admin

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CanisWolfred Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:20 pm

MattS wrote:Then again I know a lot of people that have headed over to Japan and learned on the fly. Had a difficult couple of months at first, but after that they were just fine :-)

I had a Spanish Teacher who did that. She even got a family to take her in and help her learn. IIRC, she wasn't even in a program, she kinda just asked around. I'm still convinced the only way she was able to do that was because she was a beautiful blonde bombshell at the time (even back when she was teaching me...) - I don't think it matter what country you're in, when a beautiful foreign blonde girl comes to you craving both shelter and knowledge, how could you possibly say "no"? Razz

Oh yeah, topic:

No one in this house tells me anything unless I specifically ask for it, and I always forget to ask. So I guess I'll find out about our Christmas plans tomorrow...
CanisWolfred
CanisWolfred

http://caniswolfredsden.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Astor M Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:43 pm

MattS wrote:Wow, Astor, what's inspired you to head over to Japan? How good is your Japanese? Not to discourage you or anything, but that's one of the few developed nations in the world where if you don't speak the local language you're going to struggle.

Then again I know a lot of people that have headed over to Japan and learned on the fly. Had a difficult couple of months at first, but after that they were just fine :-)

What inspired me? All of the anime, games, manga, movies and music I've enjoyed over the years. That and I like to travel, but I keep stumbling everywhere I go and I haven't been able to settle in yet. Japan is the next destination now and hopefully it will go well. As for my Japanese, is good enough to understand most common conversations but I'm going to a language school there to get some advance classes and just have time to expose myself to the language. It should be fun! I know this is not the place for this post but since you asked. Sorry.

Astor M
Astor M

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum